BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The story so far...

Well so far flight attendant life has been quite an adventure. I had a 3 day trip for my inflight training. I went to Burbank, Eugene, San Francisco, Boise, Denver, and Rapid City. I am learning to pack light (even though my bag is still too big to fit on the smaller planes). PS rolling your clothes really works!

My first overnight was in Eugene. The hotel was right next to this pretty river path. They also gave us a voucher for $12 for breakfast which was awesome minus the grumpy waitress (but she made up for it when she combined our vouchers so everyones total meal was free). The hotel didn't have a fridge so I made my own by dumping buckets of ice in the extra sink. Flight attendants definitely learn to improvise and get creative when it comes to these things ya know!




















Next overnight was in Rapid City South Dakota. The hotel we stayed at is apparently haunted. It's been on tv and everything. The haunted room is 812, I was in 822. I was pretty stoked about that! When we walked in there was a piano in the lobby, I turned to the crew and said, "I swear if I hear piano music in the middle of the night I'm going back to the airport!" There are a few different ghosts that do the haunting. There is the lady in white who is said to have committed suicide by jumping out of the window in room 812. It was her wedding and she caught her fiance cheating! Then there is a maid and her little kid, the guy who built the hotel who likes to play the piano and take the elevator to the 3rd floor, and finally the top floor has a poltergeist who throws things at the staff. Unfortunately I didn't have any haunting experiences, but I did enjoy an amazingly comfortable bed and the bath and body works products provided by the hotel! I didn't get a lot of time in SD but I did walk around downtown and I also spent some time in the gift shop with a cool guy named Jamie. After talking to him for a while he told me he met a girl a few days earlier who was on her first trip, funny enough it was Brittany from my new hire class. Small world!




And now here I am writing from my new location...Minneapolis Minnesota. Until today I had never been to Minnesota, but it doesn't seem too bad. I'm definitely excited to be here on a new adventure! Getting here didn't go as smoothly as I had anticipated, but I handled it just fine. The airport is huge, a bad day to decide to wear heels, and I felt like I had to walk forever just to find baggage claim. After I got my bags (3 huge and jam-packed) I called the hotel for my shuttle. Well they had me scheduled to come in earlier that day and didn't have a shuttle driver available to come get me so I needed to call the company and they would get me a taxi. Feeling a little panicked (it was 11:45 at night in a big empty airport of a city I've never been in) I was shockingly glad to dig my huge manual out of my bag to find out who to call! Crew support was great, I was a little worried for a minute because I was on hold with them while they called the taxi company and that took quite a while, but eventually they had me a driver. Next step was to find out how to get to the taxi area with all my luggage. I hooked my 2 biggest bags together so I had a mini train and then wheeled all three bags around by myself high heels and all! Getting in and out of elevators wasn't the easiest, but after a couple wrong elevator rides I found myself looking at my taxi driver savior! 

So that's the story so far writing from my hotel in Minneapolis...

0 comments: